Slow Cooker: Garlic Chicken with Italian Beans
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 7 hours 35 min
Ready in: 7 hours 55 min
Yields: 4 Servings
- 8 large chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 bulb (15 cloves) garlic, peeled
- 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with balsamic vinegar, basil and olive oil, undrained
- 1/2 c chicken broth
- 2 cans (15 or 16 oz each) great northern beans, rinsed, drained
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. In 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in oil over medium-high heat until brown on all sides; drain.
- Place chicken and garlic in 3 1/2 to 4 quart slow cooker. Pour tomatoes and broth over chicken.
- Cover and cook on Low heat setting 7 to 8 hours or until chicken is no longer pink when centers of thickest pieces are cut.
- Remove chicken from cooker; keep warm. Skim fat from surface of juices in cooker. Stir in beans; cover and cook on Low heat setting about 15 minutes or until heated through.
|Serving size: 1 |
|Calories ||590 |
|Calories from Fat||171|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 19 g||29%|
|Saturated fat 5 g||25%|
|Carbohydrates 49 g||16%|
|Fiber 11 g||44%|
|Cholesterol 115 mg||38%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change
depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been
professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|