- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipe: Apple and Nut Bread Pudding
Do you love tasty homemade bread pudding? For many people, bread pudding is a favorite dessert that they tend to order in restaurants rather than ordering at home because they think it's too difficult to make.
However, making bread pudding does not have to be difficult or time consuming. You don't even have to use your oven to make your own bread pudding. You can even make a simple, yet flavorful version of this delicious dessert in your own kitchen using your slow cooker.
It's surprisingly easy to assemble a bread pudding recipe for the slow cooker and the results are sure to please anyone who enjoys this type of rich and flavorful dessert dish.
Apple & Nut Bread Pudding (Slow Cooker)
- 16 slices of stale white bread
- 1 ¾ cup of 2 percent or whole milk
- 1 apple (your favorite variety, red or green)
- ½ cup chopped pecans or walnuts
- 1/3 cup of brown sugar (or Brown Sugar Twin)
- ¼ cup of butter
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- ¼ of a teaspoon of ground cloves
- ¼ of a teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- Tear the bread slices into one to two-inch chunks and put them in your slow cooker.
- Pour the milk over the bread and allow it to soak for half an hour.
- Core and chop the apple. You can peel it or leave the peel on depending on your preference. Cut the apple into small pieces. Place the apple pieces in the slow cooker.
- Place the nuts in the slow cooker.
- Stir the nuts and apple into the bread and milk mixture until well combined.
- Melt the butter in your microwave or on the stovetop and allow it to cool.
- Place the egg in a medium bowl and beat it slightly.
- To the egg, add the brown sugar, cinnamon, cloves, nutmeg, and melted butter. Stir until thoroughly combined.
- Pour the egg mixture into the slow cooker. Stir until well combined.
- Place the lid on the slow cooker and allow the mixture to cook on low for 4 hours.
- Allow to cool slightly before serving.
For additional fruity flavor, stir in ½ of a cup (or more) of chopped dried cherries or your favorite varieties of chopped dried fruits into the recipe at the same time you add the apple and nuts.
Consider substituting chopped mixed nuts, almonds, or another type of nut instead of walnuts or pecans.
For a completely different flavor, substitute a chopped pear for the apple.