Slow Cooking Recipe - Indian Chicken and Chickpea Korma
Nice little Indian dish for the slow cooker. Not to spicy so the kids will love this one. Very simple but very healthy for you. Chickpeas are great for you. Bon Appetite.
- 350gm/12 oz skinless, boneless thigh chicken
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2-4 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 2-3 tbsp Korma curry paste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 450ml/ ¾ pint chicken stock
- 225g/8 oz ripe tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- 400g/ 14 oz can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 4 tbsp double cream
- 6 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
- Naan bread to serve
Cut the chicken into small strips and reserve. Heat the oil in a heavy based frying pan, add the chicken and cook, stirring for three minutes, or until sealed. Remove and place in the slow cooker
Add the onion and garlic to the pan and fry gently for five minutes, or until the onion has begun to soften. Add the curry paste, garam masala and ground cloves and cook, stirring for two minutes. Pour the sauce over the chicken in the slow cooker.
Stir the stock, tomatoes and chickpeas into the chicken and onion mixture, then cover with the lid. Switch the slow cooker to high and cook for three hours, or until the chicken in cooked through. Spoon into a warmed serving dish, sprinkle with the spring onions and serve with Naan bread and rice.