- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipe- Thai Beef Curry
Another great beef recipe for the slow cooker. Everybody like Thai food and this is no exception. Bon Appetite.
- 550g/ 1¼ lb stewing steak
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1-2 birds eye chillies
- 2-3 garlic gloves, peeled and chopped
- fresh rooted ginger
- 2-3 tsp Thai green curry paste
- 2 onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 450ml / ¾ pint beef stock
- 300ml / ½ pint coconut milk
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp Thai fish sauce
- 1-2 tsp sugar
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped coriander
- freshly cooked egg noodles to serve
Trim the beef, discarding any fat and gristle, cut into bite size chunks and reserve. Heat the oil in a heavy based saucepan, add the chillies, garlic and ginger and fry for two minutes. Add the Thai green curry paste and onions and fry for five minutes, or until the onions have begun to soften.
Add the beef to the pan and continue to fry for a further five minutes, or until sealed and lightly coated in the spices.
Pour in the lime juice, stock and coconut milk, then add the soy and fish sauces. Stir and add the sugar. Bring to the boil, then transfer to the slow cooker. Cover with the lid and switch the slow cooker to auto. Cook for two hours, then switch to low and cook for six to eight hours, or until the meat is tender. Sprinkle with chopped coriander and serve with freshly cooked noodles.