- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Slow Cooker Recipe - Spicy Chilli Beef
Here a great slow cooker recipe for spicy chilli beef. You might thinks its weird to add the chocolate but it really makes this dish. Might be a little bit hot for the young ones but older kid wont be able to get enough. Serve with pasta and some yogurt or sour cream. Bon Appetite.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and sliced
- 450g/1 lb lean beef mince
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 2 red chillies deseeded and finely sliced
- salt and pepper
- 400g can crushed tomatoes
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 400g can red kidney beans
- 50g/2 oz good qualitly dark chocolate, grated
- 350g/12 oz dried fusili
- knob of butter
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parslety, chopped
- paprika, to garnish
- sour cream or yogurt to serve
heat the oil in a large heavy based pan. Add the onion and red pepper and cook for five minutes or until beginning to soften. Add the minced beef and cook over high heat for five to eight minutes, or until the meat is browned. Stir with a wooden spoon during cooking to break up any lumps of meat. Add the garlic and chilli, fry for one minute then season to taste with salt and pepper.
Add the chopped tomatoes, tomato paste and the kidney beans to the pan. Bring to the boil then transfer to the slow cooker. Cover with the lid and switch the slow cooker to auto. Cook for one hour, then turn the cooker to low and cook for three hours. Stir in the grated chocolate and cook for a further two to three hours.
meanwhile, bring a large of lightly salted water to a rolling boil. Add the fusilli and cook until al dente.
Drain the pasta, return to the pan and toss with the butter and parsley. Spoon onto plates then spoon the beef over the pasta. Sprinkle with paprika and serve immediately with sour cream or yogurt.