Smitty's Award Winning, Pan-Seared Speckled Sea Trout w/ Lemon-Pepper Garlic Creme Sauce Recipe
Caption from AllRecipes.com
Prep time: Cook Time:
1.5 hrs | 25 mins
*Prep time includes marinading trout fillet's in lemon juice/salt/Mrs.Dash mix.
- Fillet's of 3 Speckled Sea Trout (roughly 4 lbs.)
- 2 cups Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Milk
- Mrs. Dash
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tblsp. Kosher Salt
- 2 Cups Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 Tblsp. Freesh Minced Garlic
- 1 Tblsp. Lemon-Pepper Seasoning
- 1/4 Cup Lemon Juice
- 1 Tblsp. Mrs. Dash (Herb+Garlic) or (Original)
- 3 Tblsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/2 tsp. Dill
Take Fillet's and make sure all bones are cleaned out. (I however take FULL responsibility for cleaning and filleting my own fish, due to the fact that if I find a bone... I am DONE.. I do not trust anyone else to do this task.)
Trout happens to be one of the fishier tasting fishes, to help with the taste try removing any of the darker (red) meats before marinating.
Once Fillet's are cleaned place in a 1 gal. Zip-lock bag and add the milk/lemon/Mrs. Dash mixture listed in the ingredients above. (Marinating fish for an hour or more will help reduce the potency of "fishy" taste).
Now that the fillet's have "bled" and marinated you'll want to get out your 2 cups of flour and place it into a large flat dish (for easy clean-up use paper plate).
Heat skillet up to medium while using a couple splashes of oil (preferable Olive).
Coat both sides of trout with a light flouring and place in pan. Cook for 3 minutes then turn over, cook for another 5-7mins. Until fish becomes golden brown. (Trout tends to be light and flaky when cooked, so choose a large turner to flip trout.)
If you so happen to be a multi-tasker, you can do this process at the same time, as you cook the trout, but wait till the trout has been flipped. If not it is best to place trout fillets on a cookie sheet and stick in a warm over until the sauce is done.
Mix all the ingredients in the sauce list in a medium saucepan and cook on med-high heat until sauce thickens. (Make sure to stir constantly to avoid separation and burning). Once sauce thickens to the consistency of pudding removed from heat and pour over your prepared trout fillets(sauce thickens as it cools). BAM! Your done!
- Prepare any sides you like to go along with the trout. I prepared a simple steamed broccoli with a white rice and poured the cream sauce generously over the entire plate. The picture does not show the dish in all it's creamy glory but it was awesome. Please feel free comment on my recipe and let me know how it turned out, also please send pictures of your final product to ElitePublishings@gmail.com.
Rate This Recipe!
If you like my recipes please remember to "Vote Up" this page and also visit my other Award Winning Recipes. Also if you would like to publish your own recipe or variation of mine you can sign up for a free HubPage account by CLICKING HERE.
More Award Winning Recipes
- Smitty's Award Winning, Easy Stuffed Gourmet Buffalo...
This is my variation of buffalo chicken strips which I find very mouth watering and appetizing, and I hope you do to. The recipe for these little fiery bites of chicken goodness is very simple and can be...
- Gourmet Mushroom Guide
Gourmet mushrooms have had a wide use in gourmet cooking since the earliest of time. In this hub we will go over the most commonly used types of mushrooms craved by connoisseurs in the kitchen. If you have...