The Best Smoked Salmon Pate Recipe Ever.
- 125g smoked salmon
- 30g butter
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 tbsp cream cheese (optional)
- ½ tsp French mustard
- 2 shallots
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- salt and pepper
1. Melt the butter gently in small saucepan. Roughly chop the smoked salmon and place it in the food processor with the melted butter then blend again until combined.
2. Gradually add combined lemon and oil, blend until smooth. Add cream, mustard and cream cheese (if using), then blend until combined.
3. Season with salt and pepper, fold in the finely-chopped shallots and chopped chives.
4. Spoon pate mixture into individual serving dishes, smooth tops with a small spatula.
5. Garnish with a chopped chives, parsley or a small piece of lemon, cover with cling film and refrigerate for three hours.
6. Serve with toast triangles.
Absolutely gorgeous recipe, and if you are feeling adventurous you can line small ramekin dishes with strips of smoked salmon, then fill with the pâté, fold the exposed salmon over the pâté and refrigerate until set. If you then invert the dishes on to individual plates you will have perfect smoked salmon pâté parcels.