Chocolate Covered Smores on a Stick Recipe--A Summer Time Classic
Buy Smores Stuff on Amazon Now
In the summertime, I am truly always trying to perfect my dessert recipes and have a few that are staple for me. I am not sure, but for some reason I have always been a huge sweet eater and so are my husband and kids.
Growing up, smores were always a summertime staple with our family and when I first met my husband it was summertime and of course we started to discuss our childhood and days of past. One of the first foods we recalled eating was ice cream from Mr. Softie, but then we started to talk about desserts our moms made and smores was a winner for both. So we of course tried to make them and then for some reason we looked up recipes for them online and I found a recipe with a twist, which was to cover the outside of the smores with chocolate too!!
Well, how could I pass that up seeing how much we both loved chocolate. We went to buy the ingredients and sprinkles also just happened to jump into our cart too. We got home and made these smores and lo and behold chocolate on the outside as well as the inside is absolutely to die for and completely ingenious. Well, every summer now without fail (we have been together for 9 years and married for 6 Years), we have made these smores. Hope you try them and enjoy them as much as we do.
- 1 Bag Regular Size Marshmallows
- 5 Hershey's Chocolate Bars
- 1 Package Graham Cracker
- 1 package Chocolate Chips, I use either chocolate or vanilla chips, depends on what we feel like.
- 1 Container Rainbow Sprinkles, Can substitute chocolate sprinkles or even use both!
- 1 Package Shish Kobob Skewers
- Stack 1/2 of a graham cracker with a chocolate bar and marshmallow and top with remaining graham cracker.
- Place 3 on a plate at a time in the microwave for about 10 seconds or just long enough to slightly soften chocolate and marshmallow.
- Quickly, while still warm, insert skewer stick into marshmallow.
- Place smores on wax paper sheet and put in freezer for about 30 minutes. This will make every thing nice and firm for dipping.
- Melt your chocolate chips (we sometimes use vanilla chocolate chips to mix it up, because my kids like both). Dip each of your s’mores and shower with sprinkles while still wet. Place them back on waxed paper to dry or set for a few minutes.
Some of My Other Dessert Recipes...
- Kid Friendly Pina Colada Ice Cream Smoothie
This hub is a recipe for an all American favorite drink. The recipe is for a non-alcoholic Pina Colada Smoothie.
- Strawberry Cream Freeze Waffle Cones
This is a summertime favorite recipe that I have masters for my family. It is called a Strawberry Cream Freeze in Waffle Cones.