- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Sofrito Grilled Bread
Sofrito Grilled Bread is a nice change from your everyday garlic bread. The sofrito spread can be made in advance and stored in the refrigerator for up to one week.
2 sweet red bell peppers, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion thiny sliced
1 or 2 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
salt to taste
Thick sliced country bread, or French bread
additional olive oil
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in skillet. Add chopped peppers, onions and garlic. Saute until tender.
- Blend sauteed vegetables in blender or food processor, adding olive oil as needed to make a smooth, creamy spread. Add salt to taste.
- Spread sofrito on each side of bread slices.
- Heat a lightly oiled grill pan. Cook each side of bread slices on a grill pan until nicely browned and char marks are present.
- Serve hot, or at room temperature.
- Store unused sofrito spread in refrigerator for up to one week.
Serve Sofrito Grilled Bread with Hearts of Palm Salad.