Soft Baked Granola Bars
Granola bars are very simple to make and most people just don't realize it. People will pay $12.00USD for a box of granola bars. You can manipulate this recipe anyway you like, just don't add a ton of peanut butter. Peanut butter can make these granola bars really mushy. Using honey will make the bars stick easier and not turn out like chucks of granola. I will also mention that u will want to eat these within 2 hours out of the oven or else they will harden. That is your choice. This recipe does include hemp seeds or hemp hearts and the main reason why is because they have double the protein than peanuts do. I'm not a huge fan of peanuts and that's why this recipe is made with hemp seeds instead.
- 2 1/2 Cup Oats, (Optional: Roasted)
- 3/4 Cup Hemp Seeds/Hearts
- 2 3/4 Cup Almonds, (Optional: Roasted)
- 3/4 Cup Chocolete Chips, Dark
- 1 Cup Cranberries, Dried
- 1/2 Cup Peanut Butter, (Optional: Chunky or Creamy)
- Preheat oven at 350F.
- Mix all together in a large mixing bowl. It will be easier using a mixer.
- Prepare your baking sheet by adding a sheet cut to size of parchment/wax paper to put on top of your baking sheet.
- Carefully add the mixture on top of the parchment/wax paper. Use a another sheet of paper on top and gently push down on the mixture spreading it to the sides. You could use something flat like a measuring cup. Try to spread evenly.
- Place it in the oven for 15 min. Afterwards, let it cool for 2 hours. The longer it is out of the oven, the quicker the granola bars will harden. Eat them within 2 hours unless you would like them to harden.
- Store in the fridge. They will hard harden, but you do have a chance of them being soft in the middle.
© 2018 Brittany Banks