- Food and Cooking»
- Vegetarian & Vegan Recipes
Some of the Interesting Vegetarian Recipes
Here are some of the interesting vegetarian recipes to cook.
Moong Dahl Kheer
- 150 grams moong dahl
- 150 grams jaggery
- 500 ml milk
- A handful of raisins and nuts, chopped
- Roast moong dahl slightly.
- Add milk and boil until the dahl is cooked. Let cool.
- Once cool, add the jaggery and mix well. (If jaggery is
- added to hot milk, milk can curdle)
- Garnish with nuts and raisins. Serve hot or cold.
Methi Paratha Recipe
- Methi ki sabzi
- Whole Wheat Flour (atta) as per your Consumption
- Salt as per taste
- Oil / Butter for frying
1.Make dough out of whole-wheat flour (atta) as
you would do for any parantha/roti 15 minute
before and cover it with wet muslin cloth and
2. Mash the Methi vegetable slightly with spoon.
3. Add little salt to the vegetable as per your taste.
(Keeping in mind that vegetable already consists
4. Make a ball of dough slightly thicker than chapati
and roll it a little.
5.Place the Methi vegetable on it and again make
it into a ball.
6. Seal the edges completely so that the stuffing
does not come out.
7. Flatten these balls and roll like any other parantha.
8. Pre-heat the griddle (tawa). Turn it and spread
little oil or butter and shallow fry over low heat.
Turn it again and spread butter/oil on the other
side. Cook both sides till golden brown.
Serve methi ka paratha with homemade butter.
- Bottle guard 150 gms
- Milk 2 cup
- Mishri (Rock Sugar) 2-3 tbsp or as per taste
- Cardamom powder 1 tsp
- Saffron a pinch
- Nutmeg 2 pinch
- Rice 500 gms
- Channa dhal 125 gms
- Urad dhal 100 gms
- Oil 15 gms
- Ginger a little
- Coriander leaves 1 bunch
- Mustard 1 tsp
- Turmeric A pinch
- Curds 500 gms
- Salt To taste
1• Soak rice and dhals separately for 5 to 6 hours.
Then grind into a paste.
2• Mix curds and set aside for 5-6 hours.
3• Heat oil, add mustard and turmeric.
4• Mix all ingredients together and pour the mixture
on to a greased tray. Steam it like idli for 15-20
5• Cut into desired shape. Serve with chutney.