- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs
500g ground chicken
60g freshly grated Parmesan
2 cups breadcrumbs
3 cloves garlic, crushed
1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
3 vegetable oil
2 tbsp chopped fresh oregano to serve
2 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, chopped fine
4 lbs very ripe tomatoes, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 cup fresh basil leaves
ground black pepper to taste
1. In a large bowl mist the chicken, Parm, breadcrumbs, garlic, egg and herbs. Season with salt and pepper. Shape the meatballs, fairly small balls and chill for about 30 minutes to firm them.
2 Heat the oil in a shallow pan and fry the balls in batches, until golden brown. Its a good idea to move the balls gently and often. Drain on paper towels.
3. To make the tomato sauce, heat the oil in a large pan, add the onion and fry for about 2 minutes until softened. Add the tomatoes and bay leaves, cover and bring to a boil, stirring often. Reduce the heat to low partially cover and cook for about an hour.
4. Add the meatball to the sauce, along with the basil leaves, and fresh ground pepper. Simmer uncovered for about 10 minutes.
5. While the sauce is simmering, cook the spaghetti in a large pot until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
Serve the pasta with some fresh herbs and Parmesan