Spaghetti with Homemade Meatsauce
Homemade Meat Sauce is easy to make! Brown lean ground beef with Garlic and Olive Oil, add Diced tomatoes, tomato paste, tomato sauce and spices. It smells so good while it's simmering and is so much more delicious than sauce in a jar. This recipe has been a family favorite for years.
- 1 1/2 lbs. lean Ground Beef
- 1 16 oz can of Diced Tomatoes
- I 8 oz. can Tomato Sauce
- 2 6 oz cans Tomato Paste
- Chili Powder
- Garlic Powder (or 2-3 cloves Fresh Garlic, minced)
- Minced Onion (or 2 tbs. finely chopped onion)
- Black Pepper (1/8 -1/4 tsp.)
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 1 tsp. sugar
- Olive Oil (2 tbs.)
Make The Meatsauce
- Brown Ground Beef with Garlic and Olive Oil
- Add Tomato Sauce, Paste and Diced Tomatoes and mix well
- Add approx. 1/4 cup of Red Wine or Water
- Add spices. Amounts will vary according to taste
- I add about 3 tbs Chili Powder
- 1-2 tsp Basil
- 1/2 tsp Oregano (I like Greek Oregano)
- about 1 tbs Minced Onions
- Add lesser amounts for starters. Taste the sauce after it has simmered for about 20 minutes and adjust your spices.
- Stir frequently and add more Red Wine/Water if sauce becomes too thick as it simmers. The longer the sauce simmers the more flavorful it will be.
Add Some Meatballs
20 minutes before it is to be served I add a bag (about 15) frozen Italian Style Meatballs. They are fully cooked and just need to thaw and heat.
Click here for other delicious Meatball Recipes!
Serve and Enjoy!
- I serve this Meatsauce over Barilla Plus Multigrain Thin Spaghetti. It's a good source of Protein, Fiber and ALA Omega 3. It cooks in 8 minutes but may be cooked an additional minute for more tender pasta.
- Have a good Shredded Parmasen Cheese to sprinkle on top and don't forget the Garlic Bread!