- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Spaghetti with Vegetables (Napolitana)
This recipe is a really healthy pasta dish with only vegetables. So if you are trying to watch what you eat or just want to try something different try this recipe. By the way, you can add different things when making this dish.
3 tbsp olive oil
1 red onion, finely chopped
1 carrot, diced
1/2 cup diced eggplant
1/2 cup diced zucchini
500g ripe tomatoes
1/3 cup black olives, sliced
1/2 cup white wine
1 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
1 tbsp chopped fresh oregano
salt and pepper to taste
Parmesan to garnish
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the onions, carrot, and celery; cover and cook for 10 minutes over low heat. Important to cook over low heat and stir occasionally.
2. Chop the tomatoes and add to the vegetables with the wine and sugar. Bring the sauce to a boil, reduce the heat to low and cover and simmer for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with a little salt and pepper to taste. Just about the time the sauce is ready, add the black olives to the sauce. If you find that the sauce becomes to thick add water no more than 3/4 cup to thin it out. Add a little at a time so you can see the consistency before adding more.
3. Cook the spaghetti just before serving time. When you sauce is ready pour the sauce over the spaghetti and add the parsley and oregano and Parmesan if you like.
Some other recipe ideas
- Banana Bread-Delicious Recipe
- Simple and Healthy Chicken Stir_Fry Recipe
- Persian Salad
- Best Tzatziki Sauce Recipe Step by Step Guide
- Fresh Tomato Sauce Recipe for Pasta
- Spaghetti with Chicken Meatballs
- Easy Spaghetti with Chicken Bolognese
- Philippine-Style Chicken Vermicelli
- Chicken Marinade- Greek Style
- Linguine in Honey Basil Cream
- Creamy Penne with Chicken and Mushrooms
- Easy Spaghetti with Clam Sauce