Lamb Veggie Rice Recipe
Lamb and Vegetable Rice
Middle Eastern Style Rice
It's a middle eastern style dish made with rice, mixed vegetables and lamb. Its my own creation, a mouth watering dish which makes a perfect dinner alone. Lamb chops will be great but you can use any meat as I did.
- 2 Carrots, sliced
- 2 Eggs, boiled and sliced
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and cut
- 1 Small cane of Heins beans, washed
- 1/2 kg Lamb or Lamb Chops
- 1 Cup Basmati Rice, soaked for 1/2 to 1 hour
- A hand full Prunes
- Pinch Yellow food colour
- 1 Onion
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1/2tsp Salt, red chili and turmeric
- pinch Chat Masalah, optional
- Cut the onion then add meat with 1/2tsp chili, 1/2 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp turmeric. Add one cup of water and let it cook on slow heat. It will take around 40 mints to 1 hour or until water totally absorbed and meat is according to your taste.
- Peel and cut the carrots and bell pepper in small pieces.
- Peel and cut potato in large pieces, 4 to 6 piece of one potato. Place these three vegetables in a pan with very little water. Add prunes as well, mines are without stones. Sprinkle some chat masalah, salt, pepper and turmeric over them. Let it cook for 30 mints on low heat until all vegetables are done.
- Boil the eggs. Cut them in round slices.
- Boil the rice adding pinch of yellow food colour and 1 tsp salt. Add 1 tbsp oil as well so your rice does not stick together.
- Now place these cooked rice on a dish, spread cooked vegetables, Heinz beans, eggs and finally lamb chops over it. Your delicious rice are ready.