Spiced Pumpkin Gingerbread Recipe
Please rate this recipe!
This soft, moist bread is perfect for fall mornings with a steamy cup of coffee. Make for your holiday guests or give away as gifts to teachers, neighbors, or coworkers.
- 2 cup all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 c brown sugar, packed
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon, ground
- 1 tsp ginger, ground
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 c canned pumpkin, I prefer Libby's
- 1/2 c molasses
- 2 egg
- 4 TBSP salted butter, softened
- 4 TBSP 2% milk
- Combine 1 cup of flour, the brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and baking soda in a mixing bowl. Stir. Mix in the pumpkin, molasses, eggs, butter, and milk. Beat on low speed for about 30 seconds. Switch to high and beat for another 2 minutes.
- Pour into well-greased loaf pans. There should be a small amount in each of the 4 pans.
- Make the topping with these ingredients: 2/3 cup of chopped walnuts and 2 tablespoons of sugar. Sprinkle the topping over each of the loaves.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for at least 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire cooling rack.
- Store in an airtight container or wrap in pretty cellophane and tie with raffia ribbon for a beautiful presentation.