- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Stew Recipes
Spicy Beef Stew Recipe
This nice and easy stew recipe has a unique flavor, being both sweet and spicy. However, it can prepared very quickly, and kept indefinitely by freezing. It is by far my favorite stew recipe.
- 1/4 Cups Vegetable Oil
- 1 Pound Ground Beef, Lean
- 1 Yellow Onion, Peeled and Chopped Finely
- 1 Clove Garlic, Peeled and Minced
- 3 Tomatoes, Peeled and Chopped
- 1 Teaspoon Sugar
- 1 Teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
- 1/8 Teaspoon Ground Cloves
- 1/4 Teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1/2 Cup Raisins
- Heat the oil in a 2 quart saucepan over medium heat for a minute.
- Add beef, garlic and onion and cook for 7 minutes or until beef has browned. Stir frequently.
- Add the tomatoes, sugar, cinnamon, cloves, cumin, salt, and raisins to the beef, garlic, and onion mixture.
- Cover, reduce heat, and let simmer for 20 minutes, stirring every 2 minutes or so.
- Add 2-3 tablespoons of water if mixture gets too thick.
- Serve warm. Can be kept in fridge for 2-3 days, or frozen until needed.
|Serving size: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|