Spicy Chutney Recipes Using Peels and Leaves of Fiber-Rich Green Vegetables
Fiber-Rich green Vegetable Chutneys
Need for Fiber-Rich Chutney Recipes
Before starting how to prepare green vegetable chutneys, I would like to stress the need for utilizing the most part of the vegetables as possible along with their skins.
What I say is that we should make tasty and spicy chutney recipes with those peels and skins instead of throwing away them ruthlessly.
- Green vegetables are mostly rich in fibers and keep your body healthy and fit by maintaining good and clean blood circulation when you use their skin, stem, and peels also.
- They reduce fat composition of the body and prevent gastric problems.
- By removing the skins of these vegetables and fruits, you are losing rich nutrients like calcium, potassium, vitamins, iron and other ingredients which are inherent in those peels, leaves, and stems and which contribute to the health and growth of your body.
- This fact has been already proved by many of the researches done by health experts also.
- So it is important that you consume as much part of those green vegetables in your food as possible by utilizing them completely.
Nutrient Skins and Leaves of Green Vegetables
Put Some Efforts for Preparing Vegetable Chutneys
- Be health conscious as well as economic.
- Get as much of the vegetables as you can by using every bit of it.
- Surprise your family members with a new dish of spicy chutney recipes each day.
- Only thing is, you need to spare a little bit of time for preparing these lovely, tasty items and the exciting feeling of winning their accolades.
- Maximum 15 minutes of time is enough.
- Along with utmost utility, you get the utmost health benefits of their rich fiber content and calcium and iron, etc.
Most of us are unaware of these benefits of skins and those extra leaves and peel off them very ignorantly and ruthlessly. Or perhaps we may not like the taste or smell of those peels. Or we may do not like affording extra time in using those leaves and peels. We may even don't care for such healthy tips. We simply peel off those skins and leaves and throw them into the dustbins as if we are very angry and rude at them or as if we are too rich and highly prestigious and so never care for economizing.
But, anyhow, I would like to give some upvote for being health conscious and at the same time to be economic in their lifestyles.
I am providing here some easy methods of using the skins and leaves of such green vegetables to have maximum utilization of all the benefits of such vegetables.
Applicable for All Green-Skinned or Leafy Vegetable Chutneys
Ingredients for Vegetable Spicy Chutney Recipes
- 500 grams Green skinned vegetable like Bottle gourd, Ridge gourd, cabbage,etc., peel off skins or leaves and use those peeled skin and leaves for chutney
- 3 or 4 Red dried chillies, for frying in oil
- 5 grams mustard seeds, for frying in oil
- 5 grams cummins, for frying in oil
- half spoon turmeric powder
- one spoonful salt powder, you may increase or decrease salt according to your liking and health
- 10 grams fresh tamarind leaves or dry tamarind, you may decrease tamarind as per your likes
Ingredients and Step-By-Step Instruction Images
Green Vegetable Fiber-Rich Chutney Recipes
Step-By-Step Preparation Tips for Spicy Chutney Recipes
- Peel the skins or leaves of vegetables into medium size pieces so that the pieces are smaller than the grinding jar size. You will follow the same procedure for ridge gourd, bottle gourd, cabbage, etc. In the case of spinach and other leafy vegetables, remove the roots portion as it is not usable and then cut the remaining into medium size pieces for preparing chutney.
- If you like to prepare the chutney purely from the skins of the vegetable, you may take a bit more than 5oo gram size say 700 grams. But it is good to add some pieces of the inner portion of the vegetable also for the chutney to be soft (say 100 grams). The rest of the inner portion may be utilized for making curry similar to other vegetable curries. (an example of bottle gourd curry image given below.)
- After peeling and cutting the pieces, keep readily available the other ingredients of the recipe in your proximity.
- Now, light the stove and place the frying pan on it and add one tablespoonful of edible oil into the pan. When it gets heated, put the red chilies into it and add mustard seeds and cumin also. Fry a little bit and add the peeled skins and pieces of vegetable also to it. Now fry them well by mixing with the spatula for one minute or two at the most. If it releases water, it should be dried by frying.
- Now remove the pan from heat and let it cool for some 2, 3 minutes.
- Then, put the fried material into the grinding jar. Add salt, turmeric powder, and tamarind and grind the mix for 30 seconds. You can add fresh tamarind leaves if they are available in place of tamarind. Some coriander leaves can also be added as additives in preparing the chutney ( but not necessary). Remove lid and add some water to make it grind fully into a soft paste and again grind it for 30 seconds. Now you find it is soft so that when you touch or dip a piece of idli or bread toast to it, you can watch that some chutney sticks to the edge of the piece.
- Now, your special chutney is ready to serve. Serve it with any kind of breakfast, snacks or even lunch and dinner. You will take a dip or touch of the chutney with your food items and enjoy a spicy-flavored healthy taste which may stimulate and enhance your hunger.
Some Important Tips for Vegetable Fiber-Rich Spicy Chutney Recipes
All the above-cited chutneys have been prepared again and again by this author and are based on own tested experiments to achieve the greatest taste and enjoyment.
These vegetable spicy chutney recipes can be used with any kind of main food- whether breakfast, lunch, dinner or snacks.
You need to only apply a little bit of the chutney to your food stuff and get a spicy delicious taste.
You can change the ingredients according to tastes and quantities of the chutney being prepared.
You may add sweet taste also to some of these chutneys like mint and coriander chutneys by mixing 2 or 3 sugar-free tablets into it.
Vote for Chutneys
Which chutney is more tasty and spicy?
Other Important Tips for Preparing Good Quality Vegetable Chutneys
Type of Chutney
how to prepare
For Ridge gourd or Bottle gourd Chutney
Only skin peels or whole gourd can be used
ingredient quantities be slightly changed accordingly
Outer leaves or whole cabbage can be used
ingredients as above based on quantity
Spinach and its group
remove roots portion up to a little bit more length
ingredients as above
mint leaves and coriander leaves chutney
mostly leaves portion up to half of the stem may be used
a bit more tamarind can be used
Coriander leaves chutney
leaves not to be cooked or fried. Use raw leaves for chutney
green chillies can be used without mustard and cummins seeds instead of fried red dry chillies