Spicy Gingersnap Cookies
The spices and ingredients in this recipe are unexpected and result in a fantastic ginger spiced cookie. I highly recommend you give it a try and enjoy these great cookies.
I use a kitchen scale to measure out my ingredients to ensure that the finished product is the same every time. Oven temperatures and cooking time may vary. In my current oven these cookies are perfectly soft and moist after nine minutes. In my last oven it took 10 1/2 minutes. Adjust the cooking time to your preference but remember that cookies continue to cook once they are removed from the oven.
- 169 grams unsalted butter
- 263 grams brown sugar
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 egg
- 400 grams flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon diced crystalized ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and set the oven rack to the middle position
- Blend butter, brown sugar, vanilla, egg and molasses together until creamy
- Slowly measure out the flour into a separate bowl and gradually add it in to the wet ingredients. Do not overmix the batter but ensure it is combined well.
- Add in the ginger, allspice and black pepper and mix well
- Chill cookie dough for at least 2 hours. After dough is cooled, make 30g balls of cookie dough and place them on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper
- Bake in preheated oven for 12-14 minutes. Cookies continue to bake after they are removed from the oven. Let rest on the baking pan for 2 minutes then transfer them to a cooling rack