- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Kashmiri Chicken Recipe
Again a chicken recipe..Ha Ha...My relatives called me chicken freak.This is the first time I try the dish.I got this from my childhood friend Poulami. She is a great cook.The specialty of this dish is Kasmiri Chili. There is no green chili needed for this dish.Those who love sweet and sour types of chicken, this is the best dish for them.This chicken dish is perfect with sweet rice like Polau, Kashmiri Polau or Veg Biriyani..Hope you people like the recipe.
Rate the Dish:
- 800gm Chicken
- 1 large Onion, Chopped
- 1 Tomato, Chopped
- 6-7 Garlic piece, Paste
- Half teaspoon Ginger, Paste
- One tea spoon Turmeric powder
- One tea spoon Red Chili powder
- 3-4 Kashmiri Chili
- Half tea spoon cumin seed
- Half tea spoon Mustard seed
- 1 tbsp curd
- 10-12 piece Cashew Nuts, Paste
- To taste Salt and Sugar
- 1 tbsp Garam masala powder
- 3-4 tbsp Sunflower oil
- Marinate the chicken with red chili powder, turmeric powder,curd,salt for one to one and half hours.
- Make a paste of cumin seed, mustard sees, kashmiri chili and water and keep aside.
- Put oil in a pan and add the chopped onion.After the onion gets the golden brown color,add ginger and garlic paste and stir well for 5 mins.
- Add tomato and cook it for 2-3 mins.Then add the cumin-mustard-kashmiri chili paste to it.Stir well.Cook till the oil separates.
- Add Cashew paste.cook it for 2-3 mins more.
- Add the marinated chicken and mix well with all ingredients.Cook it for 5-7 mins.
- Add Garam masala powder and sugar as per taste.Place the lid.If needed add some small amount of water.Mix well.
- Cook for 6-9 mins.Serve hot with rice.
- Schezwan Chicken Stir-Fry Recipe
This recipe is for those people who like spicy chicken.It is very easy to make and relatively lesser time consuming.It is a Chinese cuisine but very popular among Indian also.You can easily find this in menu of every Indian restaurant. So now...
- Dhania (Coriander) Chicken Recipe
Dhania Chicken Chicken is my all time favorite and I prefer to try different types of chicken dishes.Dhania (coriander) Chicken is one of my favorite one.Whenever I think of something spicy delicious chicken dish, it comes to my mind.From the name...
- Recipe : Paneer (Cottage cheese) in Hot Garlic Sauce
Paneer in Hot Garlic Sauce I love the combination of onion and garlic and these always amazes me to the amount I use it in my food. Paneer fusion in Garlic sauce is my husband's one of the favorite dish. This delicious Indian dish is actually...
- Navratan Korma Recipe : Mixed Vegetable Indian Dish
Navratan Korma I am not very much fond of vegetables but when it comes to Navratan Korma, i change my mind :) I learned this dish from my brother-in-law ,Shuvendu.He is a very good cook.Navratan Korma is delicious combination of several vegetables...
- Pinneapple Raita Recipe
Pineapple Raita Raita is healthy side dish with high nutritious value.There are different types of Raita.One can make Raita using vegetable or fruits.For Raita, the main ingredient is yogurt.Raita is a South Indian cuisine usually used as a side...
- Healthy Chicken Curry with Sweet Potato : Indian Sty...
Chicken Curry is one of the most easy and healthy chicken recipe according to me. I learn this from my mother.As I told earlier in my another hub Recipe-Fried-Schezwan-Chicken, that I love chicken. We used to cook this once in a week still now. It...
- Nutritional Vegetable Fried Ball : Indian Snacks
Fried Vegetable Ball , are commonly known as Vegetable Chop among the Bengali.From the name you can imagine the nutritious value of this snacks. The origin of this snacks is East India and Bangladesh. The specialty of this snacks is it's spice...
- Recipe: Veg Sweet Corn Soup
Veg Sweet Corn Soup After a long wait finally monsoons are officially here in Mumbai and soups are our favourite way to warm up in rainy season.Soups are always healthy and great way to have your daily servings of vegetables. Sweet corn soup is...
- Indian Desert : Phirni
When I was in college, one of my friends insists me to try this dish in a Bengali restaurant and from then, I felt in love with Phirni. It is milk and rice based sweet dish. It is popular in North India and Pakistan. There are differ types of Phirni.
- Indian Desert: Kalakand
Kalakand is a very popular Indian sweet specially among Bangali and Rajasthani.It is definite item in each and every sweet shops of Kolkata City (India).It is good for health and diabetics patience also. Paneer(cottage cheese),Milk,Maida Flour (...