Spicy Potato Soup
- 1/4 cup Green Onions
- 1/2 White Onion
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- Handful Small Red Potatos
- 4 pieces Turkey Bacon
- 1/3 Cup Flour
- 2 -1/2 Cups Skim Milk
- 2 Jalapenos
- 14oz Chicken Broth Low Sodium
- 2oz Pepper Jack Cheese
- 1 Habanero
- Wash and cut potatos into small chunks. Set aside
- Blend garlic cloves, onion, habanero and jalapenos together using a food processor. Alternatively, chop these very finely and set aside.
- Chop green onions into small rings. Set aside.
- Cook bacon in the skillet. Crumble and set aside. Leave drippings in the pan.
- Add green onion rings to the skillet. Fry for just a few minutes.
- Mix Chicken broth, green onions, potatos, onions, garlic, habanero, jalapenos, bacon crumbles, and pepper into large pot.
- Bring to boil, mixing often.
- Reduce heat, cover and let simmer until potatos are soft. About 15-20 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour and milk until it has a smooth consistency.
- Slowly whisk mixture into soup.
- Cook uncovered on medium until soup thickens. About 10-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Add cheese into soup until melted.
- Ready to enjoy! A grilled cheese and turkey bacon sadwich on whole wheat bread is a great addition to this soup!