- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Healthy Toasted Chickpeas Snack
Healthy, Tasty, and Addictive!
I have to be honest, when I first heard of toasted chickpeas (garbanzo beans) I thought that there was NO way I would like them. I have been a vegetarian for almost 4 years and have used that as my excuse to eat potato chips and cookies non-stop! Eventually, I realized that I wasn't practicing what I preached. I gave my kids healthy foods and snacks, yet I was a junk food junkie. The "healthy" snacks sold at the grocery were expensive and not that great. So, I decided to try to find some snack foods that I could make at home that would satisfy my cravings....This one did!
It is easy to make and can be altered in just about any way you would like.
- If you like them a bit more on the sweet side, add some sugar or stevia.
- Want them a bit spicier? Add some diced jalepenos to the mix as you bake them!
- Try them with Italian seasoning! A different twist but still awesome!
- Looking for an oriental spin? Use wasabi powder and soy sauce!
Want to try more
Since you are already buying garbanzo beans try this
Baked Kale makes a great substitute for potato chips
Want to learn more about healthy grocery shopping?
Have questions about All Natural vs. Organic?
Get some answers Here! All Natural vs. Organic, which is better?
- 2 cans garbanzo beans, rinsed and dried
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, any
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- to taste salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- Lightly oil or spray a cookie sheet. Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- Toss all ingredients together and spread out in a singe layer on cookie sheet.
- Bake for approximately 25-30 minutes. This will depend on how crunchy you want them. Cook them for as long or as little as you like!
- Serve warm and enjoy! if you are going to keep them, cover and keep in fridge.