Spiffed Up Boxed Cornbread
Serve with creamed peas and call it dinner.
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 20 min
Ready in: 25 min
Yields: Serves 4-8, depending on portion sizes..
- 1 package boxed "Spiffy" cornbread mix
- 1 large brown egg
- 1/3 cup milk (I use regular flavor coconut milk or almond milk)
- 1 bell pepper, chopped (I like orange.)
- 1 red onion, chopped
- 1 clove minced garlic (optional. I like garlic in almost EVERYTHING.)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 can creamed corn
- fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. The box says 400, but I feel like that's too high.
- Combine all of the ingredients and pour into a buttered or oiled loaf pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes. Let it hang out for 10 minutes on the countertop and enjoy!