Healthy Spinach & Cottage Cheese Lasagna- Easy and Delicious Recipe
Is This Recipe Something You Would Try?
Don't you just love the way lasagna fills the air with that delicious aroma? Me too! When I first started cooking, I would always just put together the same old boring "meat, sauce, pasta" layered lasagna and call it a meal. Well, I decided it was time for a healthier and tastier alternative! It's also a great way to sneak in vegetables in a way the kids will not question! Each time I made it, through "trial and error", I would change a little something until I was satisfied. Now I love to make Spinach & Cottage Cheese Lasagna for my family. And they love it too!! My husband who loves his red meat and cheese will even ask for seconds when it comes to this dish!
- 1 lb Ground Turkey
- 1 Box Lasagna Pasta
- Fresh or 1 Can Chopped Spinach
- 16 oz Low Fat Cottage Cheese, Small Curd (1% Milkfat)
- 1 lb Ragu Pasta Sauce
- 1 Packet Sazon Goya
- 3 TBS Minced Onions
- Pam Cooking Spray
- Vegetable Oil
Lets Get Started!
- Boil the lasagna pasta over medium heat until tender. Add 1 Tbs vegetable oil as to prevent pasta from sticking together.
- While the pasta is on the stove, began seasoning the ground turkey with the Sazon Goya, pepper, and minced onions.
- When seasoned properly, cook in skillet over medium heat (spray with pam) until ground turkey starts to brown.
- Then add the spinach to the meat and continue stirring so the spinach does not burn. Continue until ground turkey is completely browned(Do not over cook).
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare a 13 x 9 pan by coating with pam. This will prevent the pasta from sticking to the pan. Also, add about 3 Tbs of water on to bottom of the pan (This will assure moisture while it bakes).
- Begin with a layer of pasta on the bottom of the pan. Then spread the meat and spinach duo over the pasta. Pour enough pasta sauce over the duo to completely cover the meat.
- Add another layer of pasta. Now spread the cottage cheese over the pasta until it is completely covered.
- Add another layer of pasta. Spread the remaining pasta sauce over the pasta.
- Cover with Aluminum Foil. Slide into the oven and bake for about 30 min.
- If you enjoy your lasagna with a little crunch on the top layer (as I do), remove from oven when 30 min are up and place in the broiler on low for about 2-3 min depending how much crunch you like!
- Remove from oven and let cool for a few min. Serve and enjoy!
More Easy Recipes!
- MeatLoaf- Simple Recipe
Meatloaf can be made in so many ways, with a variety of ingredients. This particular recipe is for beginner chefs! Simple, delicious, and straight to the point! When I first got married, it was really the first meeting I had with a stove. I was on...
- Tilapia- Easy & Delicious Recipe
Tilapia is a fresh water fish, which is high in protien! It can be prepared in a variety of techniques. Since I have a 2 year old running around keeping me busy, I have put together a simple and delicious recipe! All you need is about 40-45 minutes..
- Quick and Easy Dessert Idea- Taffy Apple Salad
Now the name