- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes»
- Salad Recipes
Spinach Salad with Strawberries Recipe
I'd be the first to admit it - strawberries and spinach are not two ingredients that commonly go together. However, in this unique salad, an amazing dressing and the addition of almonds makes this salad quite better than it sounds on paper. A major plus to this salad is the fact that it is completely vegetarian (unfortunately, not vegan due to the use of mayonnaise and milk, though a different dressing can be used).
This is a great summer salad to serve at outdoor parties because it is both sweet and filling, and quite easy to make - only three steps, and very little mess in the kitchen afterwards!
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Milk
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- 1 Tablespoon White Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon Poppy Seeds
- 1/8 Teaspoon Salt
- 8 Cups Baby Spinach
- 2 Cups Strawberries, Sliced
- 1/4 Cup Slivered Almonds, Toasted
- Combine mayonnaise, milk, sugar, vinegar, poppy seeds, and salt together in one bowl. Whisk until well blended.
- Combine spinach, strawberries, and slivered almonds together in a separate bowl.
- Toss the salad with dressing to coat, and serve as is.
|Serving size: 2/3 of a Cup|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|