Spinach Stuffed Meatloaf
Sunday Night Sensation!
What you will need:
PREHEAT OVEN TO: 350 degrees
1 lb lean ground beef
1 T. garlic powder
2 T. worcestershire sauce
pinch of salt and pepper
2 minced garlic cloves
1/4 c. Italian or plain bread crumbs
* Mix these ingredients together in a metal bowl.
* Place the burger mixture on a piece of wax paper and
form a flat 10 in by 8in layer about 1/2 and inch thick.
2c fresh spinach
1c sliced mushrooms
1c shredded mozzarella cheese
1/2c onion (optional)
*Spread the meatloaf mixture over the entire surface of the
* Slowly roll the burger over the mixture,using the wax paper
to firmly press the loaf each time you roll it. Use the same
technique you would use to make a sushi roll.
* When you finish rolling, pinch the ends of the loaf to seal
in the ingredients.
* Bake in a pan for 45 min.
* Take out the meatloaf and coat with a mixture of ketchup,
mustard and brown sugar.
* Continue to bake for 10 more minutes. Remove from oven and
let sit 5 minutes.
* Slice and enjoy with your favorite side! I like mashed or
baked potatoes and a fresh, garden salad.
--- Don't over-mix the burger. Doing so will make it fall
apart and unable to hold the roll shape.
--- Bake the meatloaf in top of a baking rack so
that the fat from the meatloaf can cook off of the meat and
not soak into the bottom of the dish.
--- Making this Sunday night makes Monday lunches quick, easy,