Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins
If you are a busy person like I am, most days it is difficult to find time to cook and sit down, and have a good and healthy breakfast before heading out of the house early in the morning. Sometimes it is even more difficult if you spent part of your morning working out, besides getting ready. Having not much time to cook and sit down at home to eat a healthy breakfast led me to preparing homemade breakfast items the night before or over the weekend that I can just keep in the fridge and take it with me on the go. My search for healthy breakfast items helped me to discover egg mini muffins.
The recipe I had found and worked from had other items beside spinach in the egg muffin, like bacon. This recipe is my own spin on the egg muffins that I used as a base. After they are made, I store them in the fridge to have throughout the week for breakfast.
Here is my Spinach and Cheese Egg Muffins recipe:
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup Baby Spinach
- 1/2 cup Cheddar Cheese, shredded
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Cooking Spray
- Preheat oven to 350°F and spray the cooking spray in a muffin pan. I use a 12 mini muffin pan. Set aside.
- Beat together the eggs in a bowl. I use a whisk to beat them by hand. Add the cheddar cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a frying pan on the stove, spray it with Pam cooking spray (or your preferred brand). Put the spinach in and add a little olive oil. Cook and stir until its wilted.
- Add the spinach in the egg mixture and stir to combine.
- Ladle the egg mixture into the muffin pan.
- Cook in the oven for 15 minutes.
These mini muffins taste great heated back up or cold. They can be taken on the go as a very healthy, quick breakfast! I hope you enjoy these spinach and cheese egg muffins as much as I do! Happy Cooking!
© 2014 Alyssa Scheidemann