- Food and Cooking
Spinach and Onion Quiche
- olive oil
- 1 ready made pie crust
- 4 large brown eggs
- 1/2 cup original coconut milk
- 1/2 vidalia onion, roughly chopped
- 1 cup raw spinach, roughly chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon balsamic honey vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- sea salt
- fresh cracked pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Butter a round baking dish. Make sure the ready made pie crust is thawed completely. Unroll the pie crust and place in the round baking dish. With a fork, poke plenty of holes in the crust.
- Heat a medium skillet, add a bit of olive oil. When the olive oil heats up, add 1/2 of a vidalia onion and 1 cup of raw spinach, both roughly chopped. A pinch of salt will help the veggies soften up and release some liquids.
- When the onions are soft and translucent, add two cloves of minced garlic and 1 teaspoon of balsamic honey vinaigrette. Lower the heat and let all of that mingle while you mix the eggs.
- In a medium size bowl, crack four large brown eggs and add 1/2 cup of coconut milk. A little salt and pepper never hurt anyone.
- Now, to the raw pie crust in the round baking dish, add 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella to the base.
- The veggies will be cooked down perfectly by now. Spread the veggies evenly on top of the mozzarella.
- Pour the egg mixture over the cheese and veggies.
- Sprinkle 1/2 cup of shredded mozzarella on the top and put in the oven for 15 minutes.
- After fifteen minutes, the quiche will be completely cooked through. I like the cheese on top to brown up and get bubbly, so I leave it in the oven, on broil, for an additional 5 minutes.