Spring Time Fruit Salad
- 12 Mandarin oranges, (2-3 Cans)
- 2 Cups Strawberries, Sliced
- 1 Pineapple, Cut into chunks
- 6 Kiwis, Sliced
- 4 Mangoes, Cut into chunks
- 3 Large Bananas, Sliced
- 6 Star fruit, optional/sliced
- 1 Lemon
- 1 Lime
- 1/4 Cup Honey
- 1/2 teaspoon Poppy seeds
- To start we are going to be making the dressing. For the dressing you will need the lemon, lime, 2 mandarin oranges ( about 1.5 cups) and poppy seeds. (Also side note, make sure to wash and dry all fruit before using.)
- Put the 2 mandarin oranges (1.5 cups) into a medium sized bowl. With a fine grater zest the lemon and lime onto the mandarin oranges. Then cut both the lemon and orange in half. Squeeze all four halves onto the oranges. Add the honey and poppy seeds into the juices and whisk together well. Set aside for later.
- Prepare remaining fruit. Slice banana, kiwis, star fruit and strawberries. Cut pineapple and mangoes into chunks. Drain the juice from the rest of the mandarin oranges (If canned) or piece out the slices from the oranges.
- Mix all fruit into a large serving bowl. Pour dressing on top of fruit salad about 30 minutes prior to serving. Mix well and enjoy!
- Remember this is a fruit salad so feel free to change the fruits that you use. I like it more on the tropical side since it has been gloomy for so long.