- Food and Cooking»
- Main Dish & Side Dish Recipes
Squid with Hoi Sin-Oyster Sauce Recipe (Stir Fry)
This main dish recipe gives a unique taste because of the combination of hoi sin and oyster sauce. If chili is added, it will give additional flavor that could satisfy your appetite. I come up with this recipe when I have nothing left in my fridge except the squid, so I tried to incorporate these sauces than the usual sauteing. I found it very tasty and my friends love it.
3/4 to 1 kilo medium squid
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium onion bub, chopped
1 green chili, slice in pieces (optional)
3 tbsp. oyster sauce
1 tbsp. hoi sin sauce
1/4 cup white vinegar
salt and pepper
3 tbsp. oil
- Clean the squid properly, remove all the stuff inside it and cut into rings. Let it drain.
- In a pan, put squid, vinegar and salt. Let it simmer for 5-10 minutes and drain. Set aside.
- In a separate pan, heat and saute garlic, onion and chili (if desired). Add squid, oyster sauce and hoi sin sauce. Add salt & pepper according to desired taste.
- Cook for 5 minutes or until done.
- Serve hot with rice.