- Food and Cooking
St. Patrick's Day Dessert Ideas
What better way to celebrate a holiday than having themed food. Here are some dessert ideas for St. Patrick's Day to help complete your holiday themed meal.
Simple St. Patrick's Day Dessert Ideas
- Bake your favorite rolled cookies, cut them with a shamrock cookie cutter and sprinkle with green sugar before baking.
- Make or purchase a green dessert such as key lime pie, pistachio pudding or chocolate chip mint ice cream.
- Bake your favorite cupcakes or layer cake and decorate with green frosting and chocolate coins.
- Lime Jell-O
Semi-Homemade St. Patrick's Day Desserts
- Bake up a batch of brownies using a mix. Prepare your favorite frosting recipe substituting Irish Cream Liqueur for the milk. Spread cooled brownies with frosting and decorate with green sprinkles.
- Clover Crispies
- Make cupcakes from a mix, frost them and decorate with marshmallows from a box of Lucky Charms Cereal.
- Make a simple fudge and decorate with green sprinkles.
St. Patrick's Day Dessert Ideas for the Adventurous
- Guinness and Chocolate Cheesecake
- Irish Creme Brulee
- Guinness Cake
- Irish Cream Truffle Fudge
- Chocolate Guinness Goodness - A deliciously rich chocolate pudding made with Guinness Stout and topped with whipped cream.
- Thin Mint Truffles (after all Girl Scout Cookie Season is right before St. Patrick's Day)