Easy Dump Cake Dessert For Thanksgiving and Christmas
So Easy and So Good!
My mother gave me this recipe a few years back. I have put my own twist on it over the years. You can do the same. It is very easy to make and delicious! It kind of reminds you of a cobbler except without all the work of making a cobbler.
Well, here goes and I hope you enjoy!
1 box of yellow/butter cake mix
2 cans of apple pie filling
2 cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
Nutmeg or cinnamon
Margarine or butter
Now its called a "dump" cake because essentially you dump everything into the pan.
1. Empty peaches and pie filling into a rectangular baking pan.
2. Sprinkle nutmeg or cinnamon, whichever you prefer.
3. Mix it together to make sure the nutmeg is spread into your mixture.
4. Dump the box of cake mix on top of the mixture.
5. Using a spoon or knife, level the cake mix so that it is nice and flat.
6. Cut pats of butter or margarine and arrange them all over the pan. This will be your crust so you can place each pat about half an inch apart from each other.
7. Put in the oven at 350 degrees and cook for about 1- 1.5 hours (until crust is hard to the touch, not mushy).
8. Take out, allow to cool slightly and enjoy! You can eat it plain, with ice cream or shipped cream!
You can use white cake mix instead of yellow if you prefer.
Mix it up! Use cherry and apple pie filling or peach and cherry pie filling.
My mother uses all peaches or all apples.
Add nuts, coconut or raisins if you desire.
Dump Cake Recipes
Get All Your Cans Open & Ready to Dump
"Dump" All Fruits into A Large Baking Pan & Mix Together
Add Nutmeg to Your Fruit
Stir Nutmeg Into Fruit Mixture
"Dump" Cake Mix Into Pan
Cake Mix Will Look Like This
Use Back of Spoon or A Spatula & Level
Add Your Pats of Butter or Margarine
Should Look Like This When Done
Stayingalivemoma's Easy Dump Cake
Yummy!! The Crust is the Best!
The crust is the best part. You should let it cool for about ten or fifteen minutes before eating to allow it to set some. Add ice cream or whipped cream for a final touch! Eat it anyway you want- I prefer mine cold, others in my family like it slightly warmed.
Please tell me how you liked it and if you put any variations to it! Enjoy!!
Recommended Amazon Products
Dump Cake Heaven
Dump cakes are quick, easy to make and are great for any occasion. You'll find that they are great for holidays like Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years. But also for other occasions like office potlucks, church functions, after school treats for the kids and even late-night treats for adults!
Have fun making your dump cake and enjoy!