Steam Cake Recipe
After several trials, finally I've got the outcome perfect. My mother used to cook this when we were just kids. This healthy recipe is my hubby's favorite snack too.
A cake with no egg, topped with cheese. This is a delicious treat perfect for snack or desert. Very easy to make. A steamed cake with light and soft texture which really taste good.
- Sift all dry ingredients in a bowl and mix.
- Add softened butter and mix until well combined.
- Make a hole in the center, add milk and water.
- Mix batter until become smooth.
- Pour batter into the mold and steam for 20 minutes.
- Put cheese on top and steam for another 3 minutes.
- Serve warm.
- 2 cups all purpose flour, sifted
- 1 cup white sugar, sifted
- 1 ¼ tablespoon baking power
- ½ cup evaporated milk
- 1¼ cup water
- ¼ cup butter, softened
- cheese slices
- Pour the batter on the mold at about 2/3 full so there's still space for the cake to rise.
- Cover with cheesecloth or white clean cloth while steaming the cake.
- To test if cooked, insert a toothpick and it must comes out clean.
- If you wish to put egg, just double the mixture and add one egg slightly beaten.