"Steamed Sea Bass With Lime" Recipe
Most Thai cook prefer to use a whole fish, believing it cooks better and has more flavour than fillets. We also share the Chinese belief that, once served on the plate, the fish should always face the same direction. When removing the bones, the fish should be turned over, not around. It is bad luck to do otherwise, as a fish never goes against the flow. I used to believe like this when I was a kid but not now (only enjoy it!!!)
1 sea bass, about 450 grams
5 hot chilies (you can adjust,if you don't like spicy)
5 cloves peeled garlic
2 white spring onion stems cut into 1 1/2 " long pieces
3 tbsp lime juice
1 1/2 tbsp light soy sauce
1/2 cup chicken stock
- Scale the fish, slit down the middle and remove the insides. Trim off the tail end, and clean thoroughly. Score diagonally on both sides, then arrange on a plate.
- Chop the chilies finely, mix with the stock and stir well. Follow with lime juice and light soy sauce, stir again to mix well. Pour over the fish, sprinkle spring onion and garlic on top.
- Steam over boiling water on high heat for 10-15 minutes or until done. Remove from the steamer, garnish with chinese celery spring and serve while steaming hot.
Sea Bass Nutritional Benefits
This recipe is not only yummy but also contains many benefits.
- One of the most important sea bass nutritional benefits is reduction in instances of cardiovascular disorders. Thanks to the abundant quantity of omega 3 essential fatty acids,omega 3 essential fatty acids, the fish improves the function of the heart, arteries and veins, and other parts that make up the cardiovascular system of the body. These essential fatty acids help in lowering the 'bad' LDL cholesterol, and increasing the 'good' HDL cholesterol levels in the body. It is amazing to know that including merely two servings of fish in the diet per week, can reduce instances of death from heart diseases, by 1/3.
- Another must-know sea bass nutritional benefit is associated with lowering blood pressure. People with regular intake of sea bass fish in their diet, show significant reduction in blood pressure levels.
- Macular degeneration is known to be one of the leading causes of blindness in the world. Merely two servings of this fish and other kinds of fish for that matter, can cause a 50% reduction in the risks of developing this disorder. Apart from this, fish and fish oil have always been popular for improving vision in children and adults.
- Sea bass fish oil causes a reduction in the accumulation of fat in the body thus, making way for an effective weight loss. This is true for other kinds of fish as well.
- Another omega-3 fish oil benefit omega-3 fish oil benefit is that it offers protection against cancer of the colon, breast and prostate.
- Other sea bass nutrition benefits include improving brain function, dealing with symptoms of inflammation, helping in slowing down aging symptoms, also helping in uplifting mood thus, acting as a natural antidepressants.
Find more Thai herbs and spices information as below links.
- The Health Benefits of Thai Herbs and Spices
Thai food is well known around the world because of its taste,nutrition and containing small amount of fat. Many researchers found that Thai food provides high nutrition with health benefits. In the past,...