Kabocha often time called Japanese pumpkin is commonly eaten in my home. This is a hearty squash with thick green skin and a golden flesh.Its flavor is sweet and delicate. Many say it taste like a combination of sweet potato and pumpkin. I love to serve this dish as a side. its sweet taste is popular with children. I also love it because it is reich in beta carotene, vitamin C and iron. It also holds well at room temperature so I pack it for my children's lunch.
- 1 kabocha
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- Wash kabocha. Cut in half and discard seeds.
- Cut Kabocha in bit size 1" pieces.
- Combine kabocha, water, sugar and soy sauce in pan.
- Bring to a rapid boil. Cover. Reduce to simmer
- Simmer for 20 mins or until there is only about 1-2 tbsp liquid in pan