- Food and Cooking»
- Starter & Snack Recipes
Sticky Ginger Garlic Chicken Wings
Chicken Wings, these cute little boney things can be of awesome taste.
Tell me how many times you were caught unaware chewing on these little juicy bones in a restaurant? Other people in that room might have smirked. "Ah, damn them!", you grew red in the face out of embarrassment. You were still so hopelessly in love with these little wings that you darted your index finger over the little that was remaining of the sauce from among the pile of bones for one last time and quickly sucked up the sauce noisily before the waiter gave you a stare and took away the plate. "Damn him too!", you shifted uncomfortably in your chair.
Only if you knew how to make chicken wings at home, this situation could have been avoided.
These little delicacies can very well be made in home -that too in restaurant style- without much hassle. These are so easy to make that you will think of making them everyday. Now you are raising an eyebrow, "Is she mad? Fried food after all!" Now brace yourself for another good news. These wings are oven-baked. Happy?
These Ginger Garlic Chicken Wings are oven baked wings and made with minimum oil. If you are a wing lover as well as a fitness freak, this is a must-have wing recipe for you.
The Rockstar Wings
This dish will become the star whenever you throw a party. It is an excellent starter dish. Even when you are alone and want to treat yourself, prepare these Sticky Ginger Garlic Baked Chicken Wings, start your favorite TV series and bite-chew-suck-lick these tasty wings to your heart's desire. No one's watching.
Chicken Wings can be fried or baked, the later one is the healthy option. But the difference in the taste comes with the addition of different types of sauce to it. Each and every sauce has its own unique flavor. Here, I am going to prepare a very well known Asian sauce that will act as a glazing agent on the baked wings. Ginger Garlic Sticky Sauce will leave a sweet and tangy taste on your tongue.
Cook Together And Eat Together
There is a proverb that "the family that eats together, stays together." I will modify it a little bit. "The family that cooks together and eats together, stays together". Let me put it this way that whenever my dear husband and I get into a fight, the way of patching up things means cooking together. Although my husband does not love cooking at all. This gesture of him always softens me. He knows I love the way he make noodles. Not at all in the conventional way? (Have you ever heard chicken masala being used in making noodles? Well that is my dear husband's secret spice!) Try that next time when you make noodles. Stir-fry meat and veggies in chicken masala before frying the noodles. I can vouch that the noodles will taste awesome.
When he was making my favorite noodles, should I be left behind!
I prepared what he loves most, his all-time favorite, Ginger Garlic Chicken Wings. A big foodie that he is, he is always on the mood for munching, and whenever I make these spicy tasty chicken wings, his happiness knows no bound.
- 8 pieces Chicken Wings
- 2 tablespoons Cornflour
- 1/2 teaspoon Black Pepper Powder
- 1 teaspoon Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon White Pepper Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese Salt, optional
- According to taste Salt
- A handful White Sesame Seeds
- 2 Scallions
- 3 cloves Garlic
- 1 inch Ginger Root
- 1 teaspoon Vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Chili Garlic Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Schezwan Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Honey
- 2 tablespoons Oil
- Oil Spray
- Preheat your oven to 400 degree Fahrenheit. In the meantime, defrost your chicken wings, wash them under water and pat them dry with a paper towel so that no extra moisture is left on them.
- Next take a bowl, throw in the wings. Add salt(careful, there are other salty ingredients too), Chinese salt(optional), black pepper powder, white pepper powder,red chili powder and cornflour. Close the lid of the bowl and toss so that all the ingredients mix up properly.
- Take a baking sheet. Cover it with aluminum foil. Spray oil on it. Line the chicken wings on it. Care should be taken to leave gap between each of the wings. Spray oil on the wings for the final time and put it inside the oven to bake them for at least 1 hour. Around 30 minutes flip the wings.
- While the wings are still baking inside the oven, it is time to prepare the sauce. First, dry-roast sesame seeds. Keep them aside. Next put the saucepan on medium heat. Add oil. When the oil is getting hot, quickly peel and mince the white bulbs of the scallions, the ginger root and the garlic cloves. Add garlic flakes first in the hot oil, then add the ginger flakes followed by the minced scallion bulbs. Fry them for 1 to 2 minutes. The oil will become fragrant. Lower the heat now. Add vinegar, chili garlic sauce, soy sauce( careful, soy sauce is bit salty), Schezwan sauce and honey. Give them a good stir. Before switching of the heat throw in the sesame seeds and give one last stir. Your sauce is ready.
- By this time the wings are fully baked. Bring them out of the oven. The chicken wings will have a delicious crispy brown layer on them. Put these wings inside a bowl that has a sealable lid. Next, pour the sauce over the wings. Sprinkle some minced scallion greens on top. Put the lid on the bowl tightly. Now toss well. The sauce will get mixed with the wings. Do not open the lid for 1 to 2 minutes. Give this time to let the flavors of the sauce get absorbed inside the wings. Next serve the hot wings in a plate. Ah, these Sticky Ginger Garlic Wings are a delight to look at!
|Serving size: 1|
|Calories from Fat||108|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 12 g||18%|
|Saturated fat 12 g||60%|
|Carbohydrates 51 g||17%|
|Sugar 28 g|
|Fiber 1 g||4%|
|Protein 45 g||90%|
|Cholesterol 170 mg||57%|
|Sodium 408 mg||17%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|
Now what are you waiting for? Quickly go to your local grocery store and grab a packet of chicken wings, come home and try out this yummy recipe.
I will come up with more oh-so yummy Chicken Wing Recipes very soon.
Happy Eating guys!!!
Chicken Wings: Fried Version
Want To Fry Your Wings?
This short video is for those who do not have an oven at home and want to fry their wings. Frying your favorite wings definitely takes much lesser time than baking them. Watch out, because deep frying cooking method is used, these wings are full of calories.
You Will Also Love These Asian Recipes
- Hot And Sweet Sesame Chili Fish
This hot and sweet chili fish is ideal when you want to cook something different, something innovative. Originally a variant of the famous Chili Fish, it is equally appealing in taste and look.
- Burnt Garlic Egg Fried Rice
Simple Chinese Egg Fried Rice dashed with minced garlic is transformed into an aromatic Fried Rice platter that is hard to resist by one and all.
- Spicy Hot and Sour Chicken Soup
A deliciously healthy yet tasty soup recipe that in no time will conquer your souls.
- Chinese Chili Pork Recipe
This spicy, crispy and lip-smacking dish for starters will definitely become the perfect match for your favorite drink at a perfect evening party.