Stir-Fried Cantonese Beef Chow Fun Recipe
This is one of the most beloved Cantonese dish in Hong Kong or Guang Dong are and often found in dim sum restaurants. This dish is a noodle dish made of broad rice noodle or known as ho fun, hor fun, sar hor fun, or shahe fen (he fen) in Mandarin. Ho fun has very unique characteristics: little bit slippery, chewy, elastic and white in color.
This is a kind of dry-stir-fried noodle dish with very little and light sauce. Bean sprouts and spring onions are added to get nice crunchy texture and sweet flavor. Beef slices are added to give beefy and meaty texture to this dish also savory flavor. This noodle dish is delicate, savory, and fragrant with toasty char flavor.
Beef chow fun is a popular street food. It is served during breakfast , lunch, dinner or even as snack. It can be part of multi course meal or a meal itself.
Here is simple and easy to fix beef chow fun recipe. If you are not able to get fresh broad rice noodle, you can replace it with dried broad rice noodle. You have no need go to Hong Kong to taste this delicious and rich in flavor noodle stir-fried. You can make it at home !.
Ingredients You May Need
How to Fix
Serves 2 - 4
1 lbs fresh rice noodles (broad)
10 oz flank steak, thinly sliced
2 tbsp cooking oil
1 tbsp minced garlic
1 tbsp minced ginger
3 spring onions, thinly sliced
3 cups bean sprouts
3/4 tbsp fermented black beans, rinsed
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp cooking oil
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/4 tsp ground white pepper
How to Fix
- Put the bean sprouts in a colander. Wash and rinse under cold running water. Then pat fry with paper towels. Set aside .
- In a mixing bowl, put beef slices and marinade ingredients. Stir to combine.
- Prepare the sauce. Put oyster sauce, Chinese rice wine and ground white pepper in a small bowl.
- Preheat a wok over high heat. When hot, add 1 tablespoon of oil, ginger and garlic. Stir-fry for 15 seconds or until they are fragrant. Then thrown the beef in. Spread them evenly in the wok. Cook for about 1 minute then add fermented beans. Continue to stir-fry until the beef is lightly browned and fragrant but not cooked through. Transfer the beef to a plate. Set aside.
- Add in 1 tablespoon of oil. Throw the noodle in and cook for 1 minute or until the noodles are little bit dry. Add in bean sprouts. Continue to cook until the sprouts are just limp.
- Thrown in the beef with any juice on it. Add the spring onions and sauce ingredients. Stir-fried for 1 minute or until the beef is done. Transfer to serving plate.Enjoy it warm.
How to Make Beef Chow Fun with Mixed Veggies
Beef Chow Fun
Quick and Easy Chinese Recipes
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Stir-Fried Water Spinach (Ong Choy) With Fermented Bean Curd Recipe. How To Make Vegetarian Stir-Fri
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe. How to Make Easy Chinese Stir-Fry!
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Shrimp With Sichuan Peppercorn Recipe
- Stir-Fried Yu Choy Sum With Oyster Sauce And Garlic Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Clams With Bean Sauce And Chili. How to Stir-Fry Clams !
- Chinese Stir-Fried Lettuce With Garlic Recipe. A Quick And Easy Chinese Auspicious Dish.
- Chinese Stir-Fried Bean Sprouts With Bean Sauce Recipe. An Easy Vegetarian Dish
- Chicken With Black Bean Sauce Stir-Fried Recipe
- Chinese Stir-Fried Chicken With Mango Recipe. How To Stir-Fry Mango !