Stir-Fried Chicken with Bean Thread Noodles and Vegetables
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 chicken breast, thinly sliced
- 1 bag frozen vegetables, OR fresh vegetables chopped bite-size
- 1 bag bean thread noodles
- 2 T. soy sauce
- OPTIONAL: few pinches of salt
- OPTIONAL: 1 T. oyster sauce OR dark sweet soy sauce
- 1 T. cooking oil (vegetable, corn, canola, safflower)
Take the noodles out of the bag and soak in warm water for 10 minutes or until soft. Drain and set aside. Place a wok or a shallow skillet/pan on the stove top and turn it up to high heat. Pour 1 T. of the oil in the pan and wait until it gets smoking hot. Throw in the vegetables and cook until heated through (about 2-3 minutes or until there is a firm bite without the raw taste). Spoon the vegetables into a dish and set aside.
Place the remaining 1 T. of the oil in the pan and wait until it gets hot. Throw in the garlic and stir until slightly brown. Add the chicken and soy sauce. Stir until the chicken is no longer pink. Throw in the noodles, vegetables, oyster/dark soy sauce, salt, and stir for 3-5 minutes or until the flavor is thoroughly distributed throughout. Taste and add any additional soy sauce or salt as needed.
Great at potluck events! I always received plenty of comments when people constantly came up for seconds!