Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe
Chinese Style Beef Curry
This is not ordinary beef stir-fried from your local Chinese take away. Wonderfully flavored with spicy curry powder this easy-to-make stir-fry is great for chilly winter. I am fond of curry dishes but do not like the lengthy process of simmering them. I marinate beef slices in soy sauce, rice wine and broth to get tender meat and cut the cooking time. The result is flavorful beef morsels coated with exotic curry sauce. Although curry powder is not a common ingredient used in Chinese cooking, this dish is an exception.
I will take no time to fix Chinese beef curry stir-fried, yet it is a very superb dish when enjoyed with some rice or noodle. Next time you are craving for curry dishes, try stir-fried beef curry.
What You Need
12 oz flank steak
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tbsp minced ginger
1 tsbp minced garlic
1 1/2 tsp cornstarch
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 1/2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
3/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp vegetable oil
1/4 tsp ground pepper
1/3 cup chicken stock
1 cup sliced onion
1 tomato, cut into wedges
1/2 cup frozen pea, defrosted
1/4 tsp sugar
How to Fix
- Cut the beef across the grain into 2-inch wide and 1/4-inch-thick slices. In a medium glass bow, combine beef, soy sauce, ginger, cornstarch, 1 tbsp of rice wine, pepper, and 1/4 tsp of salt. Stir to mix. Then add 1/2 tbsp of vegetable oil and stir to mix. Set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, combine dark soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine and chicken broth. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy wok or skillet over high heat. Then add 1 tbsp cooking oil to coat the wok sides. Add slices onion and garlic. Stir-fry it about 30 seconds until they are aromatic and soft. Push the onion mixtures to sides of the wok and pour in the beef. Spread them evenly in a layer. Cook about 1 minute to sear. Use a metal spatula to stir-fry the beef until they are lightly brown but not overcooked. Sprinkle 1 tbsp curry powder and continue to cook for about 30 seconds. Stir in peas, tomatoes, sugar and 1/2 tsp of salt. Quickly stir this mixture until they are well combined. Last, pour in stock mixture and cook it about 1 minute or until the beef is cooked through. Transfer to serving plate. Serve it warm.
Chinese Beef Curry Stir-Fry with cilantro
More Chinese Recipes
- Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy Chinese Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe