- Food and Cooking»
- World Cuisines»
- East Asian Cuisine
Chinese Stir-Fried Mongolian Lamb Recipe
Mongolian Lamb with Spring Onions
I do not really fond of lamb but Mongolian style lamb. This dish is a popular stir-fry from Northern China especially Inner Mongolia and Beijing. The lamb is seasoned with rice wine, soy sauce, hoisin sauce and other Chinese sauces and stir-fried with a lot of shredded spring onions. The gaminess of lamb is balanced by subtle flavor of spring onions and light sauce.
Here is easy peasy stir-fried Mongolian lamb. This dish is perfect for keeping body warm during long winter. If you love lamb, then this is another variant on how to enjoy it. It will take no more your waiting time at Chinese take out to make this gorgeous lamb dish.
What You Need
12 oz lamb, thinly sliced (1/4-inch thick, 2-inch wide)
2 1/2 cups finely shredded spring onions
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tbsp soy sauce
1 tsp Chinese rice vinegar
1 tbsp chopped garlic
2 tbsp Chinese rice wine
1/2 tsp ground pepper
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1/4 tps sugar
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 tsp cornstarch
1 tsp sesame oil
1 tbsp hoisin sauce
How to Fix
- In a medium glass bowl, combine garlic, 1 tbsp of the rice wine, lamb, ground pepper, dark soy sauce, salt, sugar and cornstarch. Stir to mix. Then add sesame oil. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a small glass bowl, combine soy sauce, 1 tbsp rice wine, rice vinegar and hoisin sauce. Stir to mix. Set aside.
- Heat a heavy wok or skillet over high heat. Then add cooking oil to coat the wok sides. Pour in the lamb. Spread them evenly in a layer. Cook about 1 minute to sear. Use a metal spatula to stir-fry the beef until they are lightly brown but not overcooked. Add the spring onions and continue to stir-fry to combine. This will need no more than 15 seconds.
- Pour in the hoisin sauce mixture into the wok and continue to stir-fry just about 1 minute or until the lamb is cooked through. Transfer to serving plate. Serve it warm.
Fancy Chinese Mongolian Lamb at Five-Sixty, NY
Lamb Stir-Fry with Mixed Veggies
Need More Chinese Recipes ?
- Cooking with Kids - Quick and Easy Chinese Sesame Peanut Noodles Recipe
- Easy Stir-Fried Bok Choy with Tofu Recipe. How to make Chinese Stir fry!
- Easy Stir-Fried Eggs and Tomatoes Recipe
- Stir-Fried Asparagus with Spicy Sichuan Sauce Recipe. How to Cook Chinese Style Asparagus!
- Stir-Fried Garlicky Shanghai Bok Choy
- Yang Chow Fried Rice Recipe
- Stir-Fried Chinese Beef Curry Recipe