Strawberry Balsamic Chicken
I work up one morning craving tandoori chicken and when I went to the refrigerator to find the ingredients I noticed I was out of plain yogurt. Still having the craving, I found the next best alternative and decided to try a new marinade recipe—this was the origin of the Strawberry Balsamic Chicken.
Using a low fat, low calorie yogurt offers a sweet base for the grilled chicken and the balsamic vinegar gives it a little tang. The combination of spices offer a little bit of heat that is offset by the sweetness.
While I have not tried other variations, one could try other flavors of yogurt along with the spices or replace the bone in chicken with boneless skinless chicken breast.
- 12 oz Suger Free/Low Fat Strawberry Yogurt
- 1/4 c Balsamic Vinegar
- 1/4 c Water
- 1 T Garlic Powder
- 1 T Onion Powder
- 1 T Curry Powder
- 2 T Chili Powder
- 1 Whole Chicken, Seperated into pieces
- Score the chicken pieces though the skin to allow the marinade to penetrate.
- Combines all of the spices and wet ingredients together in a non-reactive container.
- Rub chicken with marinade and work it into the meat then place chicken into the marinade and allow it to stay in a refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight if time allows.
- When ready remove chicken from marinade and grill until juices run clear. Discard remaining marinade.
|Serving size: One piece of Chicken|
|Calories from Fat||72|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 8 g||12%|
|Saturated fat 2 g||10%|
|Unsaturated fat 6 g|
|Carbohydrates 5 g||2%|
|Sugar 4 g|
|Protein 21 g||42%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|