- Food and Cooking»
- Cooking Ingredients
Strawberry Jalapeno Jam Recipe
This jam is as versatile as it sounds. It's sweet and just a little spicy. It's great on crackers, a bagel with cream cheese, or even a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. It's best made with fresh strawberries, although I have used frozen, when I can't get any fresh ones in the winter. In my household we have some on hand at all times. Depending on your taste, you can adjust the amount of heat in your jam easily by removing the membranes and seeds in a few or all of the peppers. So go ahead, step outside of your comfort zone, and give this recipe a whirl!
- 4c strawberries, mashed
- 1c jalapeno pepper, finely diced or processed in food processor
- 1/4c lemon juice
- 1 package Sure-Jell, (1.75oz)
- 6c sugar
- 8 half pint canning jars
- Place strawberries, jalapeno, lemon juice, and pectin in to a large saucepan and bring to a boil. Once boiling stir in and dissolve sugar. Cook for 1 minute at full boil. Remove heat.
- While you're doing the above step, sterilize your jar (with lids and rings) by boiling in water for 5 minutes.
- Pour jam into jars to within 1/4 from the top. Run a knife or thin spatula around the inside of the jar to remove any air bubbles. Use a moist paper towel to wipe away any food residue from the rims. Top with lids and screw on rings.
- Process for 10 minutes in a boiling water bath. Once removed allow to cool overnight. Enjoy!