- Food and Cooking»
- Dessert Recipes
I'm not a huge fan of chocolate so I'm always looking for alternative desserts and candies that are sweet and delicious without it. This fruity jelly candy is very tasty and great for the summer. I hope you like it!
- 1 2/3 Cup light corn syrup
- 3 Cups sugar
- 1/3 Cup liquid fruit pectin
- 2 1/2 Cups water
- 12 oz strawberry jam
- 1 Tbs liquid citric acid
- 2 Cups Confectioners' sugar, (approximately/ for rolling)
- In a small saucepan bring corn syrup to a boil.
- In another large saucepan with a heavy bottom combine sugar and pectin. Stir until sugar is dissolved.
- Cook sugar and pectin over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Gradually pour water into sugar/pectin mixture. Let the mixture come to a boil.
- Add boiling corn syrup to the boiling sugar mixture. Cook the now combined mixture until 220 degrees Fahrenheit on your candy thermometer.
- Continue stirring and add strawberry jam . Cook the mixture until it registers 224 degrees.
- When it reaches the correct temperature remove the pan from heat and immediately add citric acid and mix well.
- Pour the entire pan into an 8X8 inch pan and let stand for several hours to set.
- When candy is firm cut into squares with a buttered knife and roll in confectioners' sugar. Enjoy!