How to make strawberry pie with pecan crust from heaven recipe
Just in time for Christmas!
Year after year, my family gathers together at my grandparent's house on Christmas morning for fellowship and remembrance. We all marvel at the Christmas village display my grandmother made out of ceramic that adds so much to the already fun atmosphere. My mother takes it upon herself to make this dish and please the masses that would attend. In the midst of pecan, chocolate, and lemon pies.....the strawberry pie is what makes our hearts beat the fastest.
There's nothing quite like a great time of fellowship among friends and family, singing, sharing stories, and enjoying good food. This particular pie, for me, is the sweet exclamation point on our time together. The funny thing is, we as a family all agree on one thing, the sweet pecan crust was what we look forward to the most!
So for me to share this recipe with you my friends, is for me to share good memories, great taste, and my reminiscing heart all in one.
What do you think?
My favorite pie is......
Ingredients for Strawberry PIe.
- 1 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 2 sticks Oleo (margarine, Parkay), melted
- 1 cup Pecans, chopped
- 2 blocks Cream Cheese
- 12 oz. container Cool Whip
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 container FRESH Strawberries
- 1 container Strawberry glaze.
Step by Step Pictures.Click thumbnail to view full-size
Crust, Filling, and Topping instructions.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- FOR CRUST: Combine 1 cup flour, 1/2 cup brown sugar, 2 sticks melted oleo, and 1 cup chopped pecans.
- Mix together with a fork and spread in an ungreased 13 by 9 inch glass casserole dish.
- Bake for exactly 15 minutes. Cool well.
- At this point, try not to eat the crust yet. I know it's hard, trust me.
- FOR FILLING: Combine 2 blocks of cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, and 12 oz. Cool whip.
- Mix with a fork to start, then switch to using a mixer until creamy.
- Spread over crust after the crust has completely cooled.
- FOR TOPPING: Slice strawberries.
- Mix sliced strawberries with strawberry glaze.
- Spread over filling.
- Refrigerate for at least an hour, preferably longer.
- Serve and enjoy!
Is this one of the better recipes you've seen?
Now you can eat!
Well, there you have it. As there are many different Strawberry Pie recipes in the world, this one in particular has to rank as my number 1 favorite! This recipe is perfect for virtually any holiday or special occasion. I'll even bet you that your friends will tell you the crust is their favorite part. Bon Appetit!
JOIN HUBPAGES AND MAKE SOME $$$$$!
- Extra money to be earned.
If you want to know how to earn extra money writing articles for Hubpages on content, Do-it-yourself, or even recipes, click on the link above and join me.