Strawberry Zucchini Muffins
This muffin is a little dense from baking with fruits and vegetables. If you like, you can add an extra teaspoon of baking powder. The molasses and honey add flavor and nutrients without adding a lot of sugar. The fruit also adds to the slight sweetness. A cup of strawberries is a lot for this recipe, if you don't like so many chunks of strawberries, you can puree 1/2 of it and add that to the dough. Enjoy! Your toddler and family will love these and there is a 1/4 cup of fruits and vegetables in each muffin if you only make six and 1/8 of a cup in each if you make twelve!
- 1 extra large egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup zucchini, grated
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1- 1/2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 cup strawberries, dice the whole cup or dice some and puree some
- Whisk egg, then add in milk, zucchini, honey, molasses, and vanilla (if you decided to puree half of the strawberry, add the puree now.) Whisk together and set aside.
- In a larger bowl (I use my stand mixer bowl), mix flour, salt, and baking powder together.
- Pour wet into dry and mix until just combined. Do not over mix!
- Fold in the diced strawberries and portion the dough between either 6 or 12 muffin cups.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes. Let cool and store in sealed container.