Stuffed Mushroom Caps
This recipe was modified from Joyful Healthy Eats. I simplified the ingredients and adjusted the prep time.
My fiancé has never had stuffed mushrooms before! I know, crazy, right?! So I obviously HAD to make some. For his sake...
The great thing about stuffed mushrooms is the simplicity. There's very little prep involved, and you can use as little ingredients as you want! I opted for a basic recipe. Soon I'll have to jazz it up and make a "fancier" stuffed mushroom. But, for now, let's keep it simple.
Set It Out
Pop Those Caps
Food Processor = Life Saver
Fill Those Caps
Line Them Up
Ready to Bake
- 1 cup fresh spinach, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons shallot, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 12 ounces baby bella mushrooms
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cover baking sheet with aluminum foil. Rinse mushrooms, then gently remove stems.
- Add goat cheese, basil, garlic, shallot and olive oil to food processor and pulse blend. Add a small handful of chopped spinach, then blend. Continue adding small amounts of spinach until blended smoothly.
- Using a small spatula, scoop about a tablespoon size of the cheese mixture to carefully fill a mushroom cap. Place filled mushroom on baking sheet. Repeat until all mushrooms are filled.
- Bake for 20 minutes, or until mushrooms are nicely browned. After removing from oven, cool on a wire rack for at least 5 minutes. Serve and enjoy!
Ready to Eat
If the video above doesn't make your mouth water, I don't know what will! These came out amazing. And that's not just me bragging! Evan (my fiancé) LOVED them- and he is one of the pickiest people I've ever known.
Please leave any comments or questions below- I'd love to hear some feedback. Thank you!