Stuffed eggplants make a great idea for lunch or dinner. The recipe is perfect for hot summer days, it's nutritious, it's delicious and - want to know a secret? - it's low in calories!
- 1 eggplant, cut in half
- 1 scallion, chopped
- 1 zucchini, grated
- 2 tomatoes, blended
- 3 spoons olive oil
- mozzarella cheese, grated
- spices, (salt, pepper, ecc.)
How to prepare the stuffed eggplants
- First, preheat the oven to about 450 degrees (250 degrees Celsius) and let the eggplant halves bake for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare the stuffing: in a pan, fry the zucchini, scallion and tomatoes in the olive oil for a few minutes. Add spices to your taste (you should try adding some oregano too, it's delicious).
- When the eggplant is baked, scoop the middle and chop it, then add it to your vegetable stuffing. Fry everything together for 1-2 minutes max.
- Now, add the stuffing on the scooped eggplants and add the grated mozzarella cheese on top.
- Let the eggplant halves stay in the oven for a maximum of 5 minutes, until the cheese melts.
- Serve ;)
|Serving size: 2 servings|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|