- Food and Cooking»
- Quick & Easy Recipes
Sugar Free Crispy Loaf of Hot Banana Bread
Super Easy Banana Bread
Super easy to make and seriously delicious. This is a very healthy variant of the Banana bread recipe which contains No Sugar and you'd never know. Easy as pie to make - A great one to show your kids how to make.
Apart from the banana's there's nothing fattening in this loaf as it's sugar free.
Just out of the oven
- 3/4 Cup Butter, Diced
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 ripe (oldish) Banana's
- 1 teaspoon Baking Soda
- 2 Cups Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 Nut Nutmeg
- 2 Teaspoon's Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoon's Fresh Cream
- Beat eggs together and slowly add butter diced up. Cream together by your beater. You'll find that the butter will mostly end up in small lumps. Don't worry about that, as more is added to the mixture like the flour, the lumps become very small and then when baked they of course melt away.
- Mash banana's with the two tablespoons of fresh cream. All these to the beaten eggs and butter.
- Grate finely 1/2 nut of nutmeg over the top of the mix and add the cinnamon and teaspoon of baking soda. Mix in for a few minutes.
- Add one cup of flour and mix in then add the second cup. Thoroughly mix for another four to five minutes.
- Rub a small piece of butter around the inside of a baking loaf dish then spoon the mixture in.
- Place about 2/3rd's the way down in your oven and bake at 350 degrees (180c) for one hour.
- When ready, remove from oven and remove from baking dish too by gently rolling it out onto something like a small raised grate where it can rest for half an hour.
Banana Bread Slice in your Toaster
Where this Banana Bread Loaf excels is that it's very crispy on the surface and sides so cutting a slice off and popping it into your toaster and adding butter really makes a delicious and nutritious snack for everyone.