Sugar Free Foods
Chocolates, cakes, ice creams and many other sweets as well as other foods that we really love to eat on a regular basis without knowing that these foods can increase our blood glucose or sugar levels. An increase of this would result to a disease called diabetes mellitus through which can greatly affect our health and thus preventing us from eating our favorite foods and so I have a good news for those who are diabetic or simply just watching their sugar levels, this blog will help you be informed of the foods and desserts that are sugar free and I hope you can learn from our blog.
Sugar is one of the edible class of carbohydrates, proteins, and fats that helps increase energy thus supplies us with daily calories that helps us in doing our daily activities. The average daily allowance ranges from 5-8 teaspoons of sugar but it depends on the age and wight of the person. An increase in blood sugar will result to diabetes and this disease is greatly alarming since the percentage of having this disease is high and continuing to spike from different countries whether you are a woman or a man of different ages your are not safe from having this disease. And so, here are some list of foods that are sugar free that you may want to check out and can really help lower down your sugar levels.
- Sugar free desserts: We all love to eat sweets and because we are keeping an eye on our sugar level, we envy those people who are eating our favorite sweets but not to worry guys with the great minds of the people in the business world they created a sugar free desserts that could help those with diabetes can still eat and fulfill their cravings for sweets.
- Sugar free coffee: Ah!with the aroma of the coffee our day is complete. We never skip drinking coffee whether the weather is good or not it is just because we are a coffee lover!Coffee makes us feel awake(because it has caffeine) and keep us active while we are at work. And we should be thankful that their are now coffee's that are sugar free and we can easily buy it at the supermarket and choose our favorite brand of coffee..
- Meats: You can also eat your favorite meat recipes while maintaining your blood sugar. Beef's are good since it is high in protein, fats and iron plus it contains low sugar.Now you can order your favorite steak on your favorite restaurant but do not forget that eating too much meat will also result to an increase in our blood pressure so we have also to be aware off this.
- Whole grains: are high in fiber, and contains nutrients that helps support healthy blood sugar levels. Sometimes we don't like to eat rice in the morning and instead of this we can substitute our breakfast for breads and cereals.
- Vegetables: All types of vegetables are high in water content which can help prevent dehydration. Diabetic persons should eat a non starchy vegetables which contains vitamins, minerals and fibers that helps to balance blood sugar and improve our physical wellness.An example of this are potatoes or sweet potatoes. I prefer to cook the potatoes boiled since it's contents can lower blood sugar but be very aware that it can also increase our cholesterol level.
- Dairy products: are high in calcium (which are good for our bones to prevent bone disorder like Osteoporosis), protein and fats. Cheese is an example of a dairy product and we sometimes think that if we eat cheese it can increase our blood sugar level since it also taste sweet but actually it contains low in sugar.
- Beans: are carbs that are high in fiber, iron and magnesium. An example of this are pinto beans, which can prevent an increase in blood sugar, and can help decrease insulin resistance and because pinto beans are abundant in soluble fiber, so if you eat beans, the daily amount of consumption can actually assist in controlling your blood sugar levels.
- Nuts and seeds: are high in protein, fiber and essential fatty acids and also low in sugar. If you love eating cereals since it is also low i sugar you can add nuts and seeds (add bulk to low glycemic cereal without influencing blood sugar). The natural fats and proteins found in these products are actually good which can help lower the glycemic index of a meal and thus makes an important ingredient to which can help control blood sugar levels.
- Alcohol: It may come in different forms but not all alcohols are low n sugar so you have to be aware on what to buy. Alcohol low in sugar are light beers, whiskey, vodka, rum, white wine and red wine. But REMEMBER to check your blood sugar first before you drink any of the alcoholic beverages to make sure that the level is at normal range of 100-140 mg/dl.
I hope that our blog can serve as a guide to those people with diabetes and on this note i will end this blog by giving a quote from Danny Tu diabetes saying that "If you eat a decent diet, take your medications, check your blood sugar, exercise a little each day and keep a semi-positive attitude ...you shall life a long and healthy complication free diabetic life my friend."