- Food and Cooking»
- Breakfast Recipes
Healthy Breakfast Ideas: Sugarless and Flourless Pumpkin Raisin Muffins
One Healthy Breakfast at a Time
Why start your day with a healthy breakfast when there are so many other cheap, tasty treats available? Good question! Last year I started my journey of letting go of my sugar addiction. Little did I know that one year later I would be 40lbs lighter with a clear mind and a ton more energy! I found that letting go of sugar affected positive changes in my mind and body.
Breakfast is the Most Important Meal of the Day
It never seemed to matter how often I heard this little statement. I spent most of my life skipping breakfast all together! According to countless nutritionists, starting your day with a healthy breakfast kicks starts your metabolism and gives your brain much needed nutrition first thing in the morning.
Muffin Cook Time
Ingredients for Muffins
- 12 tablespoons (6 oz) oat bran
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) wheat bran
- 12 oz canned pumpkin
- 6 eggs
- 12 tablesoons (6 oz) raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon salt, (optional)
- 3/4 cup slenda, (to taste)
- 6 tablespoons (3 oz) chia seeds, (optional)
- 6 teaspoons flaxseed meal, (optional)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Preparation and Baking Instructions
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
- In a separate bowl, crack open and beat 6 eggs.
- Add eggs to the dry mixture. Stir thoroughly.
- Add pumpkin to the large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Add raisins and mix thoroughly.
- Fill muffin pan or mold to the top.
- Bake for approximately 30 minutes on 350 degrees F.
- Muffins are dense in texture with a crispy crust when finished.
Purchase a Quality Cinnamon
The Heath Benefits of Cinnamon
- Cancer Prevention
- Blood Sugar Regulation
- Reduce Arthritis Pain
- Lower Cholesterol
- Natural Food Preserver
- High in Nutrients
- Migraine and Headache Relief
- Boosts Cognitive Function and Memory
- Helps Reduce Blood Clotting
- Helps Prevent Yeast Infections
Muffin Nutritional Facts
|Calories from Fat||135|
|% Daily Value *|
|Fat 15 g||23%|
|Saturated fat 3 g||15%|
|Carbohydrates 69 g||23%|
|Sugar 33 g|
|Fiber 19 g||76%|
|Protein 16 g||32%|
|Cholesterol 164 mg||55%|
|Sodium 127 mg||5%|
|* The Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet, so your values may change depending on your calorie needs. The values here may not be 100% accurate because the recipes have not been professionally evaluated nor have they been evaluated by the U.S. FDA.|